ZFS creator leaves Oracle
Jeff Bonwick has left Oracle to begin a start-up business. Bonwick, who lead the team that developed the ZFS file system, announced his future plans in a blog posting. After twenty years at Sun, now part of Oracle, he said he decided to try something new after recently identifying an opportunity to create a start-up. The start-up is currently in stealth mode.
In a message to the ZFS community, Bonwick recalled a quotation; "Your ideas will go further if you don't insist on going with them". He was confident that the community that has developed around the ZFS file system would continue to progress and that he looked forward to watching what was produced.
Bonwick is the latest in a long chain of well-known Sun employees who have left Oracle since it acquired Sun Microsystems.
- Sun's Open Source chief leaves Oracle
- Tim Bray becomes Google Developer Advocate
- Father of Java leaves Oracle
- Has Oracle been a disaster for Sun's open source?
- A DTrace author leaves Oracle
- Oracle loses another DTrace creator