In recent years, viruses, worms and other malware have been on the rise. On the following pages, you will find tips on how to protect your computer against such malware and countermeasures to use in case your computer has already been infected.
- Free antivirus software
- Online antivirus software
- Demo versions
- Information databases on malware
- How to handle attachments and downloads
- Windows security
- Additional security software
- Recommended programs
- Correct configuration
- Virus signatures
- Measures in case of infection
- The email check helps users to configure their email program. You can also request harmless demo viruses to test whether your antivirus software works properly.
- The browser check helps you to test your Web browser for configuration weaknesses and security holes.
- Macro virus
- Trojan horse