2009 Open World Forum: programme announcements
The organisers have made some programme announcements for the The 2009 Open World Forum (OWF) taking place on the 1st and 2nd of October at the Eurosite George V convention centre in Paris. The detailed programme is expected to be available in August.
Confirmed keynote speakers for the event now include
- Jacques Attali
- Michael Tiemann – Chairman of OSI and VP of Red Hat
- Jim Zemlin – Executive Director of the Linux Foundation
- Mike Milinkovich – Executive Director of the Eclipse Foundation
- Sander Striker – President of the Apache Software Foundation 2005-2007,
- Mark Surmann – Chairman of the Mozilla Foundation
- Cedric Thomas – CEO of the OW2 consortium
- Mark Shuttleworth – Ubuntu founder
- Andrew Aitken – Open Source Think Tank founder
- Matthew Aslett – Analyst at The 451 Group.
Jim Zemlin comments,“We are very excited to be taking part in this global FLOSS event. It provides a great opportunity for us to share ideas and initiatives for making Open Source a decisive lever to foster innovation and competitiveness for the economic recovery.”
The OWF is sponsored by, among others, Bull, Intel, Sun Microsystems, Accenture, Qualcomm, Google, Red Hat and Mandriva. The H is itself a media sponsor of the event.
- 2009 Open World Forum, a report from The H.
- Open World Forum presents open source roadmap until 2020, a report from The H.