Videos of Open Source Forum talks from CeBIT 2012
Video versions of all talks given at the Open Source Forum at the recent CeBIT conference in Germany have been uploaded and can be streamed free of charge from a page on the Linux Magazin web site. Several of these talks are in English, including the keynote by Jon "maddog" Hall and Klaus Knopper's introduction to Knoppix 7.
Other English language presentations of note are SerNet's Michael Adam talking about open source Active Directory services coming to Samba 4, Matthias Kirschner from the FSFE speaking on open source software and organising advertising campaigns for free, and several more talks by Jon "maddog" Hall on open source software in business and education.
All videos show the appropriate slides alongside the video of the speaker and viewers can jump to different places in the presentation by clicking on slide thumbnails below the video. The available English language talks given at the Open Source Forum are:
- John "maddog" Hall: Introduction to Open Source and "Free Software" for business people
- Jose E. Marches: GNU Recutils: your data in plain text
- Jon "maddog" Hall: Engaging Youth
- Matthias Kirschner: Non-free software advertisement presented by your government
- Klaus Knopper: Knoppix 7.0: Introduction, Questions, Answers
- Michael Adam: Samba 4.0: Open Source Active Directory Services On The Horizon
- Jon "maddog" Hall: Project Cauã
- Emiel Brok: Open Generation Gap
- Jon "maddog" Hall: Free and Open Source for Education
- Mirko Boehm: Companies are community - Managing Trust in mixed commercial and volunteer communities
- CeBIT 2012: At the Open Source Project Lounge, a report by The H.
- CeBIT 2012: Commercial open source companies, a report by The H.