Greplin open sources Python tools
San Francisco-based firm Greplin, the company behind the personal search engine of the same name, has open sourced several asynchronous Python tools for Tornado, an open source version of the web server and tools that power FriendFeed, and the Python-based Twisted event-driven networking engine. Discussing the source code release, the company says, "Being heavy users of these great frameworks, we found ourselves creating some general use utilities". There are also tools for integrating with email, analytics and payment services. The company lists the roster of tools as:
- greplin-twisted-utils: Utility library with functions for Deferred objects, DNS caching, and more.
- greplin-tornado-kissmetrics: Asynchronous client for KISSmetrics.
- greplin-tornado-mixpanel: Asynchronous client for Mixpanel.
- greplin-tornado-ses: Asynchronous client for Amazon's Simple Email Service.
- greplin-tornado-sendgrid: Asynchronous client for SendGrid.
- greplin-tornado-stripe: Asynchronous client for Stripe.
Details about the utilities can be found a post on the Greplin:tech blog. Greplin also notes that, "As always: we love pull requests, issue reports, and comments!". The tools are hosted on GitHub and are released under version 2.0 of the Apache License.