Eclipse Board elections are now open
The Eclipse Foundation has opened this year's elections for its board members. There are six seats on the board being elected, with three seats for elected representatives of the Committer Members (who contribute code to Eclipse projects) and three seats for the Sustaining Members (made up of of fee paying Solutions Members and Enterprise Members). There are four candidates for each set of three seats. The voting closes on 16 March 2012 and the final results of the election will be announced at the annual general meeting; this will take place at EclipseCon 2012, 26-29 March.
- Chris Aniszczyk (Manager for open source at Twitter)
- John Arthorne (Senior Software Developer for IBM)
- Ed Merks (President of Macro Modeling)
- Gunnar Wagenknecht (CTO of AGETO)
Sustaining Member Candidates:
- Eric Clayberg (Software Engineering Manager for Google)
- Christian Dupuis (Director of R & D at VMware)
- Hans Kamutzki (Managing Director of MicroDoc)
- Mik Kersten (CEO of Tasktop)
Chris Aniszczyk, Ed Merks, Mik Kersten, Hans Kamutzki and Eric Clayberg are already members of the current Eclipse Board.