Developer Break: jQuery Mobile beta, Hortonworks, SourcePro C++
Developer Break – catch up on the smaller but important notes for developers, from libraries to APIs and from people to postings. This week: a new OSGi JAX-RS Connector, Skype Provider for Visual Studio's Team Explorer, jQuery Mobile 1.3.0 beta, Eclipse Community Awards, PBS Professional 2012, Hibernate Search 4.2, Hortonworks 1.2, REST Services documentation for Bing Maps, and SourcePro C++ 12.0.1.
- Version 2.2.0 of the OSGi JAX-RS Connector has been released. It supports Jersey 2.0 m11 and JAX-RS Consumer 1.0, which uses the JAX-RS 2.0 Client API to send queries.
- The Skype Provider in Visual Studio 2012's Team Explorer has been updated. It is now compatible with the new Team Members Power Tool.
- A beta version of jQuery Mobile 1.3.0 is now available. Its ability to create pages with responsive web design has been expanded and several new widgets are available.
- Projects and members of the Eclipse Foundation can be nominated for the Eclipse Community Awards until 24 January.
- Altair has released a new version of its job scheduling and workload management tool with PBS Professional 2012. The new version is said to be more efficient at scheduling jobs and a new shrink-to-fit function allows jobs to be scheduled in otherwise unused time intervals before scheduled maintenance takes place.
- Hibernate Search 4.2 has been released and includes compatibility with Apache Lucene 3.6, spatial queries and improved support for near real-time searches, and indexing for files such as MP3s and office documents.
- The developers of the open source platform Hortonworks have released version 1.2 and Apache Hadoop now supports the current release of Apache Ambari. Hortonworks also includes improved security functions and the ability to multi-thread queries.
- Microsoft has published documentation for developers who want to learn how to use the REST Services of Bing Maps.
- Rogue Wave Software's SourcePro C++ development platform has been updated to version 12.0.1. It now runs under Solaris 11, Windows 8 and Windows Server. The new version also works with more compilers such as IBM XL C/C++ 12.1 and Intel Composer XE 2013 and database clients including Sybase SDK 15.7 and Oracle MySQL Connector/C 6.0.2.