Developer Break: Sublime Text, Derby, LightSwitch, MonoDevelop
Developer Break – catching the smaller but important changes and updates to tools and specifications, utilities and libraries:
- Sublime text, the editor written in C++ and Python and available for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux, has been updated to version 2.0. The list of changes to the editor that started life as a feature-rich VIM extension, is available on the download page.
- Apache Derby, the Java database, has been updated to version 10.9.1.0. The new version completely supports JDBC 4.1 and has improved NATIVE authentication.
- The developers at GitHub have offered useful instructions on how to work with Subversion while collaborating on GitHub.
- The Mono developers have updated their development environment and released MonoDevelop 3.0.3 which fixes around 200 bugs and is said to have slightly better performance and stability.
- Compuware is offering a free cloud service called SpeedoftheWeb, which allows a company to compare the speed of its web sites and web applications to those of its competitors.