Developer Break: Qt Creator, Zend Framework and IcedTea6
Developer Break – catch up on the smaller but important notes for developers, from libraries to APIs and from people to postings. This week: new releases of Qt Creator, Axon Framework, Idiorm, IcedTea6, Zend Framework and RoughDraft.js. A second milestone for Eclipse Orion and the MobiCloud consortium gets support for developing mobile cloud apps.
- In Qt Creator version 2.6.2, the developers have managed to fix the code editor freeze some people encountered when working on certain constructs in the C++ editor, along with various minor bugs. Qt 5.0 has also been revised, and version 5.0.1 is now available.
- The developers of the Eclipse Orion project have reached their second milestone; among the newly integrated features in Orion 2.0 M2 is improved content assist support. Orion on Node.js has also progressed, and the developers have now eliminated the Dojo dependencies.
- Version 2.0 of the Command Query Responsibility Separation-based Axon Java application framework has been completed; it offers features such as an improved API and components that simplify application scalability.
- The European Commission Directorate-General of Communications Networks, Content and Technology (DG CONNECT) will support the development of mobile cloud applications within the European MobiCloud consortium with a total budget of €4.45 million.
- The automotiveHMI project has presented a new exchange format for Human Machine Interface (HMI) development processes.
- Version 1.3.0 of the Idiorm lean Object Relational Mapping (ORM) for PHP5 is now available together with the Paris active-record implementation.
- Versions 2.0.7 and 2.1.0 of the component-oriented Zend Framework for PHP5 have now been released. New features include a Zend\Test component for performing various tests and support for Oracle and IBM DB2 databases.
- Version 1.12.0 of IcedTea6, an OpenJDK 6 implementation that uses no proprietary components, is now available and offers features such as functioning garbage collection probes for stream objects and tapset tests.
- RoughDraft.js is a jQuery plugin that allows HTML mock-ups to be created quickly.