Developer Break: Perforce on VMware, MongoDB on Azure
Developer Break – catch up on the smaller but important notes for developers, from libraries to APIs and from people to postings. This week: Perforce on VMware, MongoDB on Azure, OpenStack, SyncFusion, Visual Studio 2012 Update 1 and Infragistics NetAdvantage for WinRT
- Perforce Software has announced that its P4D 2012.1 versioning engine is now certified to run on VMware, achieving VMware Ready status. The status means VMware has run P4D through a detailed validation process.
- MongoLab has announced that its MongoDB-as-a-service available in Microsoft's Windows Azure Store, allowing their customers to deploy MongoDB in the Azure cloud platform.
- A call for speakers for 5 December's upcoming EMEA OpenStack Day in London has been issued. Deadline for presentation submissions is 9 November.
- SyncFusion's Essential Studio for WinRT is now available as a free beta version. The tookit for writing Windows Store applications includes 20 unique controls and is currently available with an introductory price of $99.
- Microsoft has released the fourth CTP (Community Technology Preview) of the upcoming first update to Visual Studio 2012.
- Infragistics has presented a new tool suite for building Windows 8 applications at the BUILD conference. Currenctly designated as a beta, NetAdvantage for Windows UI is a set of WinJS-HTML and WinRT-XAML controls.