Developer Break: Ada 2012, AUTOSAR, Boost, IDEA, Perl, RAP
Developer Break – catch up on the smaller but important notes for developers, from libraries to APIs and from people to postings. This week: Ada 2012, AUTOSAR, Boost, Parallel Intel, IntelliJ IDEA, Perl, Qooxdoo, Eclipse RAP and JetBrain's YouTrack.
- The completion of the Ada 2012 standardisation is imminent and a foretaste of what is coming in the new standard can be found in "The Ada 2012 Story" and on the Ada2012.org web site, including contract-based programming, concurrency, increased expressiveness and enhanced containers.
- The AUTOSAR (AUTomotive Open System ARchitecture) development organisation has set out its plans for 2013; they primarily concern stabilising existing releases and closing gaps in current functionality in the platform. March of next year will see a new release with "31 new concepts for enhanced functionality and maintainability, usability and compliance."
- Version 1.52.0 of the C++ complementary library Boost has been released with enhancements to Chrono, Ratio and Thread and many other changes.
- Previously announced in September, Intel has now made Cluster Studio XE 2013, the Parallelization suite that complements Parallel Studio XE, officially available.
- Version 12 of IntelliJ IDEA, the Java development environment, is progressing and the developers have now made a public preview of the upcoming version available.
- Perl 5.16.2 has been released with only minor changes such as fixing the equivalence of /\h/ and /[\h]/.
- The latest version of qooxdoo, the 1&1 supported mobile framework, now supports Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10.
- The developers of the Eclipse Rich Ajax Platform (RAP) are looking for a new name. With its change in focus one of the proposals is Remote Application Platform.
- JetBrains' issue tracking and project management system YouTrack is getting a new Time Management feature in version 4.1, which provides better control over the time spent working on issues, iterations or projects.